Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2019

Elven Watchtower

Completing (for now) my elven terrain, I built a watchtower. It is 7" high, but I'd rule that it can be climbed as normal stairs (which are inside the tower), ignoring 1"...

So, the catch with this design is, that it's a round tower. As I've got no specialized tools for cutting round shapes on my Proxxon, I had to make do with careful cutting.
The tower consists of two parts, the upper half being slightly smaller in diameter than the lower one. On top comes a larger platform.

The entrance door and the windows have been carved with hobby knifes. I then used my trusty tinfoil ball to get some texture onto the walls and platform.
The whole building has been base painted with Umbra, then I cut strips of foam to build some false columns onto the walls.

I then painted those parts in Umbra, then brushing with Beige and White.


After glueing the tower together with PVA glue, I cut a balustrade from the leftovers of the lower part, glueing it onto the platform and fixing it with pins. 
The gaps I filled with some texture paint and painted the balustrade the way of the tower. The stairway onto the platform, windows and entrance door were also painted.
Finally, I cut a base from cardboard and added vines, bushes and tufts of grass. Some patches of gravel give the base a more natural look.
Adding some height to the gaming table makes for interesting tactical options.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen