Montag, 18. Februar 2019

Building Armies

When I looked through my models from back in the days of the LotR Strategy Game Magazine, I found some from different lists. So, for actual gaming, I'd need two armies - and I was sorely lacking evil models.

I decided on an Angmar army, but not going the usual way with the Witchking as leader. Instead, I chose the Dwimmerlaik. He commands some Warg riders and two bands of orcs, lead by Barrow Wights - and one Cave Troll. This brings the army up to 500 points, which is fine for a start.

I've got more models from the good side, but first thought of going with the Wood Elves. Later I decided on a allied army and finally came up with Rivendell and the Rangers.
Glorfindel leads this small force, with two Rivendell knights (which I have to proxy with Wood elven knights, as the original ones are not available), three High elven warriors with bows and three with swords (models from the magazine). His ally is Aragorn (the Helmsdeep model) with a single ranger sidekick. This amounts again to about 500 points.
While Glorfindel and Aragorn carve through almost everything, the sheer mass and the army bonus of the Angmar army make it possible to counter the two heroes.

I can build up from here, adding models to slowly get up to 700 points.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen